THINGS TO CONSIDER
What you can do
Pregnancy Centers are not just for women. Our services include you. Learn your options. Making an appointment at the PRC gives you the chance to work through the questions you have with helpful information from a peer counselor. Find support as you consider how to handle this situation. Having someone to talk to will help you be strong for yourself and your girlfriend.
- Listen. Listen to how she is feeling and keep the lines of communication open between the two of you. Don’t shut her out. Be there for her.
- Stay calm. She needs your support now more than ever. Regardless of where the future of your relationship lies, you are responsible for this pregnancy too.
- Talk about it. Talk to adults that you trust and people who will support you. Seek good advice. Be honest.
- Get all the facts. Make sure that you are knowledgeable about every choice with its pros and cons. Make sure that your girlfriend is making an informed decision that is safe for her.
- Bail. Running away will not make this situation easier for either of you.
- Pressure her. You may have different opinions about the path that you should take. It may not be easy, but your goal should be to work together to come to the best decision for everyone.
How We Can Help
Pregnancy Resource Center can help you think through your choices, offer the information and support you need, and give you referrals to other places that can help. We truly care about you and your situation. Let us help you as much as we can.